Leave us message:
What Kind of Programming is available at Saplings?
- Our programming will focus on the play and exploration model where children experience high-quality age appropriate play based programs that engage children and their families in the planning and delivery of a healthy, safe, culturally sensitive and stimulating program that promotes children’s abilities and interests.
What will the children eat at Saplings?
- Growing children should eat every 3 hours. At Saplings, we believe nutrition is a big part of a healthy, learning environment. Our breakfast, morning snack, lunch and afternoon snacks are selected from 4 groups; vegetables and fruit, grain products, milk and alternatives, meat and alternatives.
- Milk will be offered twice a day, only 100% unsweetened juice will be offered and no more than 3 times per week.
- At Saplings we offer water for thirst.
What are the hours of operation?
- (10.5 hours a day) or 7:00am-5:30pm
What is the Cost of Saplings?
- $600.00 for Toddlers and
- $550.00 for preschool per month full-time care
- Subsidies may be available for individuals, to find out if you qualify, contact the Ministry of Social Services Child Care at 787-4114.
- Or arrangements can be made through our child care leader.
Is Transportation available?
- At this time we are not able to provide transportation.
We are very grateful to have received support from Community Initiatives Fund for our project "Saplings Grow with Elders". Our Saplings are really enjoying the weekly visits with the Elders that live at the Regina Lutheran Home.
Thank you Community Initiatives Fund
Information for Parents
* under construction
- Parent Resources
- Useful Links
- Health and Nutrition
Parents always have lots of questions about health and medical "stuff" and we're hoping that we'll be able to provide parents with information about our medical policies and procedures as is outlined in the 'health & illness' document below. In addition, we hope to provide families with general information about all the different illnesses and diseases that come across our way.
- Saplings Menu*
- Child Care Health & Illness Policy*
Here are a couple links to other sites that we use as resources for information about communicable diseases and common childhood illnesses that tend to frequent the child care scene.
- Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region - Communicable Diseases Information Directory
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Infectious Disease information